Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Word of the day is.....'no'

The word of the day today is no - both for me and for Carley (19 months). She has just learned how to say 'no' (thanks grandpa!), but thankfully she does not really know what it means yet. Though she did say it once at the right time yesterday ("Carley, do you want some more milk?", "no").

This is also my word of the day. As she gets more and more brave, she wants to test the limits and the word 'no' only works on the small things...like "no, don't touch daddy's barbie doll, I mean action figure." but if I really mean no for the big things, I have to use a different tactic (often clapping loudly to get her attention while saying 'no' sternly).

It can be a challenge at times, and boy can she throw a fit! Sometimes I wonder how she can go to this screaming, stomping, red-faced devil child one minute to the angelic angel who wants to cuddle the next. And I've been called moody? She must get it from her dad. Yup, it's all Chris.