Tuesday, September 9, 2008

About me...

Maybe this should be in the "about me" section, but I can't really tell you much about me in 1200 characters or less. I could tell you that my name is Jennifer Bonstein and that I'm 35 (coming up on 36 next month), but I couldn't really tell you much more than that.

It's almost like when someone asks you to describe a boy you dated in high school that they have never seen before..."he has brown hair, blue eyes and is 6' tall". Yeah, that narrows it down. The about me section is vague, like the boy from high school.

I am many things in life. I am a wife to Chris, my husband since 2000. We've been together since 2000 and he is my best friend and I am so lucky that he married me. I often ask "why me" because he is truly the nicest person you'll ever meet. Everywhere he goes, people love him and I'm often told by his co-workers and friends 'he is the nicest person' and he truly is. We are very different. That's not to say that I'm not a nice person, but I'm not sure I can make an impact on people the way he does. He always makes me laugh, and that is what I love most about him.

I am also a mother to Carley, who was born on our 5th wedding anniversary. Before I had Carley, I was terrified of the thought of having kids. Everyone always told me "it's different with your own", but I always said..."What if it's not?" You don't know how a baby is going to change your life until you have one - good or bad. Carley has been nothing but a blessing for me. We tried for 4 years to have her, and are lucky we got her and because of that, I relish in all the small moments. I laugh when she does. I love it when she figures out how to say a new word, even if that word is "no". I even love it when we got down on the ground, up close and personal, with a caterpillar crawling along the street. Life through the eyes of a child is a truly wondrous thing.

During the day I work as a legal assistant. Before I had Carley, my job was my life. I loved waking up every day and coming to work. I do still love my job, but it doesn't define me the way it did 2 years ago.

I am also an amateur photographer. I'd love to have a career as a photographer one day, but until my skills match my desire, I have to classify myself as an amateur, and I don't charge a thing for what I do. For as long as I can remember I've loved taking pictures. You can see some of my work here: http://jenjen.photography.com.

So that's me...in a blog.