Friday, September 12, 2008

Girls day out

Thursday was a rare "girls day out" for me. My mom, sister-in-law Renae, friend Tammy and I went out to go see The Phantom of the Opera in Seattle.

I saw the play once about 15 years ago and I loved it, but we sat so far back that we missed the action that happened off the stage - such as the Phantom being above the stage and the chandelier crashing on to the stage. This time, however, we had seats in row 10! Unbelievable seats and what a difference sitting that close. It felt so much more intimate than any other play I've been too. It was as beautiful as I remembered it to be.

Of course, we didn't just go to the play...we had a long lunch and did some shopping and I had such a wonderful time. I really miss those kinds of days.

And, I really missed Carley and Chris too, so it was just as good to get home. Unfortunately, Carley was more excited to see and play with the clothes I bought her than she was to see me. Ah, I can see the future now...