Monday, September 22, 2008

If God intended for spiders to live, he wouldn't let them come into my house


It's no secret I'm terrified of spiders. No, not all. I mean, itty bitty spiders don't bother me and neither does the Itsy Bitsy spider. But mammoth spiders that obviously have been in a dark corner growing HUGE over the summer do bother me.

I woke up this morning and walked out into my living room and saw a huge spider on the wall. Not only was it huge, but it was a huge as a tarantula! And what was worse, was that it was on the wall, high above the stairs. And there was no way I was going to let that thing crawl around. I was going to have to find a way to kill it. Or call 911.

Chris, who is about 6'6" was already gone for work. And even he wouldn't have been able to get it from the stairs. So, I knew I'd have to have a very long something and I might be able to stand on the couch and lean over the balcony to reach it. So I grabbed the mop and I leaned over the couch. Both hands on the handle and I was just waiting for it to grab the mop and say "No you don't!"

I squished the thing and of course, it fell down the side of the wall, on to the floor below - STILL MOVING! I ran downstairs and placed the mop on top of what I really hope is a dead carcass. And I left it there.

That mop will stay there until the carcass disintegrates. I know there are people who "capture and release" spiders because they "do so much good" for nature. B.S. If God intended for spiders to live, he wouldn't have 1) made them so HUGE! and 2) let them come into my house.

I won't even talk about the spider in Africa that is so large they call it a dinner-plate spider (oh, and it eats BIRDS!).