Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tagged

I don't normally do the "tag" thing on my blog, but I figured why not. It's day 15 of snow and being stuck at home. Here are the top 5 things I love:

1. My daughter and every single thing she does. Not as obvious as you think because even when she's acting up I love her to death. Since we've been stuck together for so long, we've become even closer and every day she's doing something new. I can't imagine life without her. The latest thing I love is when she comes to me, grabs my hand and says "mon mon mommy" (come on mommy).

2. My husband. He puts up with so much and is the best thing to ever happen to me. We are total opposites, and yet he loves me so much and vice versa. We were apart for 4 days two weeks ago and I didn't think I could miss him as much as I did. We've been married almost 7 years and I missed him as much this time, as I did when he took a week's vacation with his brother 6 months after we were married. It's easy to forget how much you love someone, until you're apart. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

3. Rain. I love rain. I love rain because it's not snow. I love rain because it washes away snow, and I love rain because it makes me feel like putting on my most comfortable clothes and reading a book. Rain makes me feel cozy, and frankly it takes a lot of rain for me to get sick of it.

4. Sunrise. I love watching the sun rise, and I love the quiet a sunrise offers. The older I get, the more I appreciate the quiet of nature and life.

5. Photography. Pretty simple. I like being able to take a picture that can capture what I'm feeling when I see something, or even finding something pretty in the middle of chaos or something ugly. This morning, while looking my neighbors house, the snow on their roof was melting and where the heat comes out on top, it looked like the snow had melted into the shape of a heart. That's what I love about photography. Would you see that if you look at the roof of a house?