Monday, December 15, 2008

She's growing up

Today is day 2 of our "snow-in". Chris is able to drive to work, but the thought of driving with my baby in the car makes me so nervous, so we stayed home today, our second straight day of staying home. Yesterday we did all the things that 2 people can do at home, including putting up her new table and chair set.

Today we did this...


When I was all done, I called Carley into her room and she was really excited and hopped right in.


At nap time, she climbed right into bed and I sung to her and she proceeded to fall right to sleep (of course there's a pile of pillows and blankets on the floor in case she falls out).


I'm actually a little sad thinking that my daughter is almost 2 years old and ready for a toddler bed. Ever since Thanksgiving she's been talking in sentences. Today she's been coming to get me and saying "come on mommy". So I guess the next natural step is her sleeping in her own big girl bed, and frankly it makes me sad, in a happy way.