Friday, December 19, 2008

It takes a village...

After nearly an entire week staying at my parents house, I finally made it home. It seemed like it took almost an entire crew to get Carley and I home. My brother came to help, but then "scouted" Sudden Valley for us and our ability to get home. My Uncle Jeff and Dad drove Carley and I all the way to Sudden Valley and helped us get everything in the house.

I am so thankful to everyone who helped get us home.

I am even more thankful to my parents who graciously let us stay at their house, fed us dinner and made us feel like we were home.

It's a good reminder of what Christmas should be about. For some people, it's a religious holiday, for some it's just a day off from work and for me it's about family and the importance of family. I am reminded of how lucky I am that I have the family that I have.

Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough.

Thank you Mom. Thank you Dad. Thank you Renae. Thank you Jason. Thank you Jeff. Thank you, thank you, thank you!