Sunday, December 14, 2008

Carley's Snow Day!

Carley and I made the trek outside today. First, I had to shovel the driveway if we had any hope of ever leaving, or Chris coming home - especially since they said it is likely to be this cold for 2 weeks or so.
I told Carley to wait in her wagon patiently, which she did, while I started shoveling the snow.


While we waited, I gave Carley snow to eat (don't worry, it was white snow)...



...and she loved it! She kept asking for more.

Finally, I was done and she wanted to ride in her wagon as we explored the neighborhood. In hindsight, I was really glad because if she'd had wanted to walk, I would have ended up carrying her and probably slipping on the ice.



We went to the end of the street and the back.


Once inside we enjoyed a hot cup of cider (which Carley called "coffee") and started to thaw out.
Even though snow days make me anxious, we had fun and look forward to building a snow man.