Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Facebook



I love to laugh. Most importantly, I love to laugh at myself. Life is hard enough without worrying about if I'm fat or ugly or if made a fool out of myself. Life is much easier if I can laugh at the things that are "wrong" with me. More importantly, I like making people laugh. And unfortunately, I am my best subject.

I have been told on a number of occassions that my Facebook feed is someone's favorite, that I make people laugh at least once a day. I hardly ever post serious stuff. No one gives a crap what I ate for breakfast or the cute Carley story that makes my day, unless that cute Carley story includes embarassing me.

So I post for humor and nothing more. Unfortunately, not everyone gets my humor and when I post a self-depricating comment, some people will try to "build me up" by posting something positive. While I appreciate the sentiment, after days and days and days of self-depricating humor, I wish that they would get that I'm just trying to be funny.

That's all. I just want to make people laugh. And I promise...it is OK to laugh at me (because no matter how old I get, I will never understand "We're not laughing AT YOU, we're laughing WITH YOU").....because I AM NOT LAUGHING.